[Eril-l] 2022 NC Serials Conference Call for Proposals! DEADLINE EXTENDED

Evan Watson evan.watson at duke.edu
Tue Nov 23 06:07:20 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

It’s here! The 31st NC Serials Conference will be held virtually on Friday, April 8, 2022 and the conference planning committee is currently accepting proposals! We want to hear from you – library students, staff, faculty, and other practitioners – as we all look back on what has been another eventful year.

In a year where we’re all thinking about transformation, the NC Serials Conference continues to expand just as the profession has. We’re not only looking for presentations addressing serials management. We’re looking for presentations on any aspect of the scholarly communications field or librarianship.

We want to hear about what’s new, what’s changed, and what’s the same. This is a conference that welcomes everything from the practical how-to to the deep philosophical puzzlers! For students and early career librarians in particular, this is a fantastic “first conference” presenting experience. Registration fees are waived for presenters, and you have the option of writing an invited article in a special issue of Serials Review<https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/usrv20/current> about your presentation, or having a reporter write it for you! And everyone you’ll work with is pretty nice too, if we do say so ourselves. 😉

If a full 45 minute presentation sounds like a lot this year, you could propose a 5-7 minute lightning talk instead! You’ll still have your registration fees waived, and you’ll still have the option to publish an article about it.

Check out some past presentations<https://www.ncserialsconference.org/2021agenda.html> or a list of potential topics<https://www.ncserialsconference.org/call.html> for inspiration, and consider joining us!

Here are the details:

Proposals should be submitted using this form<https://bit.ly/2022proposalForm>

The deadline to submit is now Friday, December 10, 2021.

You’ll need to include this information in your proposal:

  *   Presenter contact details (including name, where you work or go to graduate school, and email address)
  *   A short (300 character limit) biographical description for each presenter
  *   Presentation title
  *   An abstract (1,000 character limit)
  *   Presentation format
     *   Presentation (45 minutes)
     *   Lightning talk (5-7 minutes)

The Planning Committee reviews proposals for their content, timeliness, relevance, and fit with the overall conference. The Committee might ask if you’re willing to refocus or combine a proposal to reach a diverse audience and to maximize use of program time slots.

If you have any questions about the conference or how to get involved, please feel free to contact ncserialsconference at gmail.com<mailto:ncserialsconference at gmail.com>. We’re so excited to hear from y’all and see each other (virtually) this spring!

Best,

Evan Watson  |  Library Marketing and Outreach Manager

Duke University Press
905 W. Main Street 18-B, Durham, NC 27701 USA
+1.919.687.3634
evan.watson at dukeupress.edu<mailto:evan.watson at dukeupress.edu>
dukeupress.edu<http://dukeupress.edu/>  |  Twitter: @DukePress
read.dukeupress.edu<http://read.dukeupress.edu/>