[Eril-l] Authentication Error on ProQuest--OpenAthens

Waters, Thomas twaters1 at brenau.edu
Mon Sep 21 10:32:07 PDT 2020

We've had reports from several students who are encountering an
"Authentication Error" when accessing ProQuest resources using OpenAthens.
This is a ProQuest-generated message, not an OpenAthens-generated message,
and our students are seeing it on multiple devices and browsers. Clearing
their cache and cookies has no effect.

This issue isn't affecting all users, just a small number, but there's no
pattern that I can discern regarding the users who are encountering
the problem.

The ProQuest folks are stumped. Has anyone else encountered this error, and
if so, how did you resolve it?

--
Thomas Waters, MA, MLIS
Technical Services Librarian

500 Washington Street SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
770-718-5303
twaters1 at brenau.edu

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged.  If you are not the named recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message
without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or
storing or copying the information on any medium.