[Eril-l] Flowchart or other document for troubleshooting remote access

Mandi Schwarz Mandi.Schwarz at unbc.ca
Tue May 19 16:27:49 PDT 2020

Hi Linda,

I recently took an extended medical leave, and trained two of my coworkers to fill in while I was away. I’ve attached a PDF printed from my documentation on Sharepoint (TroubleshootingCommonErrors); note that some of the links reference other pages on our Sharepoint site and therefore won’t work, but there are also links to Ex Libris documentation. I’ve also attached my flowchart for troubleshooting OpenURL errors, and a diagram showing how our e-resources fit together. If you also handle EZProxy, I have a quick guide to our setup on Google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hDGer07RyC62zR4Zo0B75XTPu1ZD25CtP1XG4R9pRa4/edit?usp=sharing and have also attached my documentation for EZProxy problems. (At some point, once the world settles in to the new normal, I’ll be working with OCLC to develop a webinar regarding training staff to manage EZProxy.)

My coworkers found all of these to be useful while I was away, and it covered every problem that came in.

I hope this helps! I’m always happy to answer questions :)

I know that other folks also have some excellent documentation, so I am interested to see what others can share.

Wishing you a speedy and complication-free recovery!
Mandi

Mandi Schwarz
Library Technical Assistant – Electronic Resources | 250-960-6455 | Mandi.Schwarz at unbc.ca<mailto:Mandi.Schwarz at unbc.ca> | she/her
University of Northern British Columbia | 3333 University Way; Prince George, BC; V2N4Z9
Proud member of CUPE3799
Gratefully acknowledging that we live and work in the unceded traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh.