[Eril-l] Question about Mendeley

Kenyon Stuart kstuart at umich.edu
Wed Sep 18 14:46:30 PDT 2019

All,

I opened a ticket with Elsevier about my patron’s issue with Mendeley and
received the following response about the latest version

__________________

There’s a new version of Mendeley Web Importer which retrieves more full
text PDFs than ever before. In order to do that, it makes more requests
than before… and this can set the publisher sites’ request threshold alerts
going.

Since this is a very high priority issue, we “jumped the queue” on looking
at this and are currently refactoring Web Importer to make fewer requests,
while also reaching out to the publishers affected directly (it isn’t all
of them) to ensure they are able to respond to this issue on behalf of
their institutional customers.

email: kstuart at umich.edu