[Eril-l] ACS and pay-per-view - would you be interested?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Thu Mar 7 05:41:39 PST 2019

We just had to drop from full title list to a subset as of 2019, with
tokens, so I just recently investigated some of this. No, there is still no
mediated option for tokens, nor any way for librarians to control how they
get used - anyone in our IP range accessing any eligible content can
trigger them with no limits.  There is no such "filing cabinet". I can't
speak to pricing or expiration because our consortially negotiated deal
just gives us a fixed amount of tokens per year as part of a subscription
package, so there is no separate price for the tokens themselves.  We have
no budget to purchase more after those are used up, so I haven't looked at
what it might cost us to get more.
I don't even know if we can get any kind of report on what
journals/articles they are used on.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island