[Eril-l] ACS and pay-per-view - would you be interested?

J Siemon jsiemon2002 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 08:09:58 PST 2019

Has anyone seen changes in the American Chemical Society's token access
since this eril-l discussion in May 2018?

Is ACS offering the tokens that can be mediated by staff (like Elsevier)?
Is there a "filing cabinet" (like IEEE) where the library only pays once
for each article, and have perpetual access thereafter, for a certain
number of saved articles?
Pricing? Caps on increases? Longer expiration of tokens?

Thanks,
Jeff Siemon, M.Div.,MLS  |  Assoc. Professor, Electronic Resources
Librarian  |  Nicholson Library
Anderson University  |  1100 E. Fifth St, Anderson, IN 46012
josiemon at anderson.edu | library.anderson.edu  |
www.linkedin.com/in/JeffSiemon

" The other thing that drives me nuts is that every time a person opens an
article from an ACS journal that needs a token for access, counts as one
token. This is problematic!!! Students will open another browser, reopen an
article multiple times, share a link with a classmate, or if a single
article is posted on a course page or used in class, the single article
could result in 100s of openings without actually reading the article. Each
of ?usages? counts as a token."

Message: 18