[Eril-l] Questions about JSTOR print de-accessioning and faculty requests

Karen Jensen kljensen at alaska.edu
Mon Nov 12 11:22:38 PST 2018

Our institutional rules do allow transferring materials to departments
within the institution, so we would comply with this request. We don't have
asset and inventory rules either, that apply to library materials. I'm glad
we don't have so much bureaucracy! But, transferring to a dept means the
very same dept will undoubtedly try to return them to the library at some
future date, which we don't want.  Anything that gets disposed of
invariably comes back to us unless sent far far away, or recycled. It's not
ideal, but better they go somewhere where someone will find them useful
than in the landfill.

Karen Jensen
Collection Development Officer
Rasmuson Library