[Eril-l] ACS and pay-per-view - would you be interested?

danielle plumer dcplumer at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:45:07 PDT 2018

I'd agree with Eric that consortia don't have sweetheart deals or huge
discounts with ACS. Members of the TexShare Consortium who participate in
our ACS purchase see roughly the same percentage increases year to year as
institutions everywhere else do. We do get a small "single payer" discount
by collecting the fees from our roughly 35 participants (University of
Texas System not included) and sending a single check to ACS, as it saves
ACS a lot of work to consolidate those contracts. ACS is encouraging us to
move some our our smaller institutions to the ACS Core plus tokens system
to keep costs down, and a number have done so.

Danielle Cunniff Plumer
Statewide Resource Sharing Administrator
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Library Development and Networking Division
512-463-5433
512-936-2306 fax
dplumer at tsl.texas.gov