[Eril-l] web page summarizing support sites/info for your vendors?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Fri Feb 10 07:22:53 PST 2017

Our "ERM" at the moment is just a spreadsheet for the acq staff and would
be far too confusing for our public service staff to use.
But you all have given me an idea. The spreadsheet is in Google Sheets. I
have previously experimented with creating an HTML view of Google
spreadsheet data.
I just need to add some columns that would be appropriate for this, and
make one of those kinds of views and put that on our website, and since we
use Drupal, I could also make it viewable only by public staff logged into
the website, which they all do anyway to use our "service desk transaction
tracker" form.

That will be much more maintainable for me than trying to keep the info
separately on a webpage/guide and easier for our staff than coping with a
direct view of our spreadsheet.

Thanks all for the suggestions and examples, and the inspiration!

PS. If anyone else is interested in what I'm talking about re Google
Sheets, here
<http://acrl.ala.org/techconnect/post/query-a-google-spreadsheet-like-a-database-with-google-visualization-api-query-language>
is a nice "tutorial" from ALA Tech Connect.

Melissa