[Eril-l] Intermittent Access Issues with EBSCOhost

Sherise S Kimura kimura at usfca.edu
Thu Mar 3 09:31:37 PST 2016

We were getting the 502 Bad Gateway error as well last Thursday mid-morning
and Monday afternoon. I thought the problem was with our WAM proxy since on
campus access was unaffected, however, when I called EBSCO technical
support Monday, they said there had been other reports. I haven't heard
back from EBSCO since then.

Are others experiencing this issue using Innovative's WAM?

Sherise

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 4:34 AM, Siegel, Timothy (JFL Collection Management)
<tjsiegel at liberty.edu> wrote:

> I was starting to think this was just happening with us.
> Our access had issues (same error) on Sunday night, Monday Night, and
> Wednesday Night for roughly 3 hrs at a time. I put in a case with EBSCO on
> Tuesday to see if they could confirm the nature of the outages.
> You’re not alone.
>
> *--*
>

> *Timothy Siegel '08*
> *Systems Librarian*
> *Jerry Falwell Library*
>

> Liberty University  |  Training Champions for Christ since 1971
>
> From: Eril-l <eril-l-bounces at lists.eril-l.org> on behalf of "Hektner,
> Kristin" <Kristin.Hektner at capella.edu>
> Date: Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 7:18 AM
> To: "'eril-l at lists.eril-l.org'" <eril-l at lists.eril-l.org>
> Subject: [Eril-l] Intermittent Access Issues with EBSCOhost
>
> For the past week we have been experiencing intermittent access issues
> with the EBSCOhost databases. The outages mainly occur in the evenings and
> on the weekends.  Our IT department has run a variety of tests and poured
> over various log files, and they don’t believe the issue is on our end. Has
> anyone received a * Connection refused by search.ebschost.com
> <http://search.ebschost.com>, please try again later* error in the past
> week? If so, have you found a solution to the problem?
>

> We are working with EBSCO, but so far they have not been able to identify
> the source of the problem.
>

> Thank you.
>
> *Kristin Hektner*
> Electronic Resources Librarian
>
> *Direct Line:* 612.977.5938
> *Toll Free:* 1.888.CAPELLA (1.888.227.3552) ext. 5938
> *E-mail: *kristin.hektner at capella.edu
>
> *Capella University*
> Capella Tower
> 225 South 6th Street, 9th Floor