[Eril-l] refworks openurl linking weirdness

Sara Colglazier scolglaz at mtholyoke.edu
Wed Dec 14 09:23:34 PST 2016

Hi Amy,
Yes! And I submitted a case, getting a Richard Castledine at
refworks.support at proquest.com back in November .... I gave tons of details,
examples, sent screen shots, had set up an account for myself and told him
he was free to access it for testing purposes, etc etc.
He asked for more (!) info etc, which I sent, and since then nothing more.

So I hope you get somewhere.

This was the case: 02229824 : New RefWorks converts year in citations on
export via OpenURL [ ]
if you want to refer to it as a further example of someone experiencing the
same thing

Also, the OpenURL does not have a sid. The old RefWorks does, but not the
new. (We use SFX)

The first case we had reported to us was from October 31st.

Good luck!
~ Sara

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Amy Lynn Fry <afry at bgsu.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed this – in our RefWorks, the openURL link changes
> the year of every citation to the previous year, so none of the links work
> to get you back to full text in the databases.
>

> The citations import into RefWorks correctly, so it’s just something with
> the openURL link going back out again.
>

> I just put in a support incident but want to know if anyone else has
> noticed this and maybe when it started happening.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Amy
>

> Amy Fry
>
> Associate Professor, E-resources Librarian
>
> Jerome Library
>
> Bowling Green, OH 43403
>
> afry at bgsu.edu
>
> *email is the best way to reach me*

Sara Colglazier
Electronic Resources Management and Discovery Services Librarian
Discovery and Access: Discovery Services, Rm. 433
Library, Information, & Technology Services
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075
T: 413-538-2437