[Eril-l] Latest issue of NASIG Newsletter now available

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed May 8 11:31:59 PDT 2024

We are pleased to announce that the May issue <https://tigerprints.clemson.edu/nasig/vol36/iss2/> of the NASIG Newsletter is now available. This issue includes a President's Corner by Courtney McAllister; a profile of our upcoming in-person conference's vision session speaker, Dr. Francesca Tripodi; results of the most recent NASIG election; a word about NISO ballots (remember that NASIG is a full voting member of NISO); recent Board minutes; committee reports; and helpful information about the upcoming conference.

After a hiatus of a few years, the Newsletter returned to regular publication with vol. 36, no. 1 (March 2024), and we are thrilled to have it going again. We are thankful for our host site at Clemson University and for the ability to ensure ongoing digital preservation and access for important news and information about our all-volunteer organization. The Newsletter has always been a pillar of our publications, which include NASIGuides <https://nasig.org/NASIGuides>, core competencies <https://nasig.org/Core-Competencies>, NASIG Proceedings <https://nasig.org/Conference-Proceedings>, and more. We are especially thankful for the leadership and efforts of Fay O'Reilly, Editor-in-Chief, and the rest of the current Editorial Board <https://nasig.org/Newsletter-Editorial-Board>.

If you would like to join our vibrant community <https://nasig.org/Join>, you would be warmly welcomed! There is a wide variety of membership options including organizational membership, and we work very hard to keep rates reasonable, including offering free membership for students in library and information science programs. Become a member and enjoy significant discounts on NASIG events as well as discounts for events put on by strategic affiliates, NISO and the Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP). Membership is a real value and helps continue our mission to transform the information community in significant ways.

Finally, there are still a few days left to register for our in-person event in Spokane, WA from 3-7 June <https://nasig.org/Conference>. Be sure to register soon, as rates for conference registration and hotel will rise significantly after 9 May.

—

NASIG is an independent, non-profit organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources.