[Eril-l] Problems logging into Elsevier and Springer sites

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed Feb 28 09:10:23 PST 2024

Hello, Kenyon,

For ScienceDirect, go to your Cookie Law stanza and add the following to receive your email prompt on which of your identities you should choose to login:

Find "id.elsevier.com"
Replace "^H"

For Springer, this error is not a OneTrust cookie issue. My browser’s inspector tool only catches one exception, “Uncaught (in promise) Error: A listener indicated an asynchronous response by returning true, but the message channel closed before a response was received” which explains why an error is reported, “We will not proceed with this request because the location you are being redirected to is not recognised by us.” The cookie alert at the foot of the screen can be dismissed. The login link seems to be invoking a SAML SSO type of login rather than a personal or Seamless Access type of login. I would suggest adding a directive to the Springer stanza temporarily while you open a ticket with Springer Support and OCLC Support:

NeverProxy idp.springer.com

However, having done so on our test instance, I am still denied with the same error message when I hit login at https://link-springer-com.ezproxytest.brunel.ac.uk/ and the redirect URI opens at https://idp.springer.com/auth/personal/springernature?redirect_uri=https://link-springer-com.ezproxytest.brunel.ac.uk/. Support ticket definitely required unless someone else has a solution.

Kind regards,
Dom Benson
Research Outputs Visibility Manager, Open Research & Rights Office<https://www.brunel.ac.uk/life/library/ORR>
Library Services, Student & Academic Services Directorate
Brunel University London