[Eril-l] Celus vs. Alma for SUSHI harvesting?

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Feb 5 12:43:32 PST 2024

Hi all,

I sent the original poster a direct email, but also wanted to chime in that
we are on Alma, but started using CELUS a few years ago after some
frustrating experiences with Alma's SUSHI module and wrecking our usage
data beyond repair. (My fault as much or more than Alma's, but still
frustrating.)  Since switching, we've been very happy customers of CELUS
and I'd echo David's comments.

No tool is perfect, but I find CELUS much easier to use than Alma,
particularly for reporting and reharvesting (when necessary). I admit it's
a luxury to have a stand-alone usage tool when we already bear the sunk
cost of Alma, but I think it's a worthwhile investment. Happy to talk more
off-list.

Best,
John

John Kimbrough