[Eril-l] EXTERNAL: Best Practices for sharing Content Removal & New Content

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Aug 19 11:57:26 PDT 2024

Springshare has a part of their A-Z list where you can automatically list "New" by new resources, and set it to expire after a given date (we usually use 'end of the current semester').

We have a system where different librarians regularly liase with different departments and we make a point of meeting with them occasionally to, among other things, share news like this.

You probably want to work on a "push" basis, rather than rely on people reading a libguide.  Additional channels of information will help, but --- every. single. time. a new faculty member shows up on campus and we give them a tour of the library, they are surprised by just how much we have available.  (I particularly enjoyed the case of the new biology who came to the library determined to make sure that we added a particular book on dinosaur tracks, only to discover that we already had it. 🙂)

Tony Z

Tony Z

Tony Zbaraschuk

Public Services Librarian, Assistant Professor – Library

Chan Shun Centennial Library

100 West Hillcrest Street | Keene | Texas | 76059

www.swau.edu<http://www.swau.edu/> | 817-202-6480 | tony.z at swau.edu<mailto:tony.z at swau.edu>

[1562774135912]

This document is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, or that constitutes work product and is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or employee or agent of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. Any use of this information above its intended use is also prohibited without prior authorization. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone and destroy the document.