[Eril-l] anyone found a way to not have "Removal of Administrative Access" publisher notices and action occur annually?

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Sep 1 13:39:04 PDT 2023

Over the past year we started getting dozens of emails from publishers,
e.g. PNAS, with the subject line, "Notice of Removal of Administrative
Access."

The body usually reads something like this:

Dear Administrator,

Administrative access to http://www.pnas.org is removed after 1 year of
inactivity. Administrative access to this site will be removed in 30 days
unless you log in to the site.

Thank You

We log in to most sites, unless they are for the very large publishers, or
we have some kind of a problem, only once a year around February, to check
or download usage for previous CY . We don't want to have to do a bunch of
busywork logins mid-year just so our supposedly "unused" admin account
doesn't expire.

Has anyone figured out a way around this?

Thanks,
Deb

--
Deborah V. Rollins