[Eril-l] EXTERNAL: Managing asset links to proxied resources in LibGuides

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Jun 23 07:07:22 PDT 2023

We try to use LibGuides "link" assets, and centralize the proxy server.  One reason for this is that if you ever change the proxy server you only have to change the information in one place -- yes, you can do search-and-replace to find earlier instances of the proxy server, but it's a pain.  A second reason is that LibGuides' asset checker DOES NOT check URLs in the raw HTML sections, only URLs in its asset category.  A third reason is that one can re-use asset links elsewhere in LibGuides, and then all your statistics are nicely collected in one place.

(We currently use EZproxy, though with the upcoming switch in browser functionality we are starting to think about alternative authentication methods, like OpenAthens.)

Tony Z

Tony Zbaraschuk

Public Services Librarian, Assistant Professor – Library

Chan Shun Centennial Library

100 West Hillcrest Street | Keene | Texas | 76059

www.swau.edu<http://www.swau.edu/> | 817-202-6480 | tony.z at swau.edu<mailto:tony.z at swau.edu>

[1562774135912]

This document is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, or that constitutes work product and is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or employee or agent of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. Any use of this information above its intended use is also prohibited without prior authorization. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone and destroy the document.