[Eril-l] Managing asset links to proxied resources in LibGuides

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Jun 23 05:41:16 PDT 2023

This is how we use the A-Z list – by having the “Use Proxy” toggled to “Yes” for subscription resources that need authentication. And then for open access resources, we do not select “Yes,” since authentication is not needed.

I’m curious about your use cases for “unproxying” links. The only thing I can think of is for building bibliographies/reference lists for published scholarship. For general internal-to-campus use, it wouldn’t hurt to leave the proxy in the link – since access requires going through the proxy.

Jaime Taylor
Discovery & Resource Management Systems Coordinator
W.E.B. Du Bois Library
University of Massachusetts