[Eril-l] [External] Re: Taylor & Francis blocking IP addresses due to excessive use

Lynda Howell Lynda.Howell at uvm.edu
Tue Jan 24 07:05:33 PST 2023

Zotero's documentation about this hasn't changed -- the troubleshooting page (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/proxy_troubleshooting) dates from 2017 and the preferences page (https://www.zotero.org/support/connector_preferences) was updated in October 2022 without changing anything related to proxies.  But that doesn't mean something didn't change accidentally.

There has been a recent flurry of forum messages about the issue.  If you have a user with the issue, it'd be great if you could get them to follow the instructions at https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/proxy_troubleshooting to report it to the developers.  If they don't have time for that and just need to get their own system working again, have them check out the suggested steps at https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/426725.

Lynda.