[Eril-l] what major publisher/provider/platforms support SAML/SSO?

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed Aug 30 05:42:23 PDT 2023

Hi, all.
I've been slowly trying to configure our vendors who support SAML/SSO/WAYF for us, but with the upcoming browser changes about hiding IP addresses, I want to move a bit faster.
I will admit from the start that I am not clear on the jargon about all of this: I know we use Azure, and have an EntityID and are part of a federation that is part of EduGain, but that's about it, so hopefully my question makes sense.

Does anyone have a list of the academic publishers/providers that I could be contacting to get this configured?
So far I've done: EBSCO, Wiley, Elsevier, Springer, am in the middle of doing JSTOR, and some parts of Proquest (RefWorks, O'Reilly).

Who else is ready to configure this type of authentication if I can give them the EntityID info?

And is there by any chance some kind of online directory that lists the providers and either URLs or contact information specifically for this process?

Thanks!

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island