[Eril-l] E-book budgets

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Tue Apr 18 05:43:57 PDT 2023

Our answer is similar to Kirsten's - we have a "subscription" budget and a "one time purchase" budget (which is mostly books but can also be journal backfile purchases and the like).

We have separate accounting codes for ebooks vs print just because of Canadian tax law (we have to pay more tax on ebooks than print books), but otherwise we don't distinguish, but leave it up to the subject librarians on a book-by-book basis to decide which format they think is most suitable, and they submit their order accordingly to our acquisitions unit (which is me and my assistant).

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca