[Eril-l] E-book budgets

Sarah Van Sickle svansickle at yorkvilleu.ca
Tue Apr 11 10:37:16 PDT 2023

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone in an academic library can share how they allocate their e-book budget. We would like to allocate a percentage of our e-book budget to each faculty and then they can use it to purchase faculty publications, student recommendations, and faculty requests as they see fit. I think it makes sense to allocate the most money to the largest faculty, but I'm not sure if it is that simple. Our education faculty publishes the most e-books, so should they get a higher allocation to buy faculty publications? Should it be based on which faculty typically has the most expensive e-books?

Thank you,
Sarah
[https://attachment.freshservice.com/inline/attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTEwODA5Njk0ODYsImRvbWFpbiI6Inlvcmt2aWxsZXUuZnJlc2hzZXJ2aWNlLmNvbSIsInR5cGUiOjF9.Jqj8Rzqf659R5b8gjd58T4vsl4-1yH4tSyP34rDdqTU][https://attachment.freshservice.com/inline/attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTEwODA5Njk0ODcsImRvbWFpbiI6Inlvcmt2aWxsZXUuZnJlc2hzZXJ2aWNlLmNvbSIsInR5cGUiOjF9.2zv8FISsrdW7Ortfyupa86IqO9lVNoOS3bsjkDJHRpY]
Sarah Van Sickle (she/her)
Resource Management Librarian, Library Services
P: 647-692-9985
E: svansickle at yorkvilleu.ca<mailto:svansickle at yorkvilleu.ca>
www.yorkvilleu.ca<http://www.yorkvilleu.ca/> | www.torontofilmschool.ca<http://www.torontofilmschool.ca/>

We respectfully acknowledge Yorkville University and Toronto Film School campuses are situated in the traditional territories of diverse Indigenous nations. We reaffirm our responsibility to increase awareness and understanding of First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples and colonial legacy, and commit to strengthening our relationship with Indigenous peoples throughout Canada.