[Eril-l] Job opportunity: Collections Analysis Librarian - University of New Mexico
tymn2 at unm.edu
Fri May 13 14:54:37 PDT 2022
Collections Analysis Librarian
Are you a curious problem solver and passionate about creating robust, user-focused information access? Would you enjoy living in a place with 310 days of sunshine a year, rich history, thriving cultures, and enchanting landscapes? If you answered yes to both questions, we at The University of New Mexico (UNM) College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences (CULLS) have a great opportunity in our newly created Collection Analysis Librarian position.
As part of a collaborative, cross-departmental collections team, you will play a key role in developing data-informed collection strategies. Your work will ensure that CULLS is able to nimbly adapt to new and emerging areas of focus and align library resources with the needs of a diverse campus community. You will also have freedom to experiment and the opportunity to develop this role based on your interests and the ongoing needs of the library and its users.
The Collections Analysis Librarian is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track faculty position with a desired start date of August 1, 2022. The College provides a supportive environment for achieving tenure with a formal mentorship program, annual progress reviews, and dedicated research time. The minimum starting salary is $62,000, includes generous benefits<https://hr.unm.edu/benefits>, and is negotiable based on qualifications. The position reports to the Director of Collections and is represented by United Academics of UNM. Prioritizing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization, the College strongly encourages interested candidates who are members of minoritized or marginalized groups to inquire or apply.
* An earned master's degree from an ALA-accredited library/information sciences program or equivalent OR an earned doctorate by the start date.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
Applicants with any combination of the following interests or desirable qualifications are encouraged to apply.
* Experience with one or more data analysis tools or approaches.
* Experience with one or more aspects of library collections.
* Knowledge of the role of assessment in collection processes and decision making.
* Experience selecting data sources relevant to collections analysis and evaluating their limitations.
* Experience managing data, including collecting, organizing, integrating, and appropriately sharing data sets.
* Experience preparing reports and data visualizations for a wide range of audiences.
* Ability to systematically approach complex or evolving challenges, and creatively seek user focused solutions.
* Ability to work collaboratively with professional staff and faculty who bring different skills and expertise to problem solving.
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands.
* Curiosity and ability to learn new skills and technologies.
* Ability to communicate in Spanish or an Indigenous language of the Southwestern U.S.
* Demonstrated commitment to accessibility in libraries.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Full posting and instructions for application are available online at: https://unm.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/18/home/requisition/19988?c=unm
Acquisitions & Eresources Manager
University of New Mexico Libraries
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131-0004
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l