[Eril-l] [EXTERNAL] RE: Sage Premier outage

Vickie Kline vkline at ycp.edu
Wed Jan 26 11:49:45 PST 2022

Lisa, we just had it reported for the first time today.    Vickie

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 1:40 PM Lisa Gonzalez <lgonzalez at palni.edu> wrote:

> How large was this outage for Sage journals? We just discovered this
> problem today - we didn't think it was affecting us last week. Are other
> libraries still experiencing this same error message?
>
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 8:21 AM Camille Gamboa (she/her/hers) <
> camille.gamboa at sagepub.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>

>> Our apologies for any difficulties anyone has experienced with remote
>> proxy access to SAGE Journals.  Atypon, our platform host, put in place in
>> security measures to stop a malicious attack we experienced on SAGE
>> Journals last Friday, which inadvertently blocked access for proxy users.
>> We have been working with Atypon to unblock all known proxy identities for
>> our customers and the majority of proxies should be up and running.  If
>> anyone is experiencing any continued remote proxy access issues on SAGE
>> Journals, please contact us at onlinesupport at sagepub.co.uk with your
>> proxy IPs.
>>

>> We are working with Atypon to put measures in place to avoid
>> inadvertently blocking proxy access in the future.
>>

>> Camille Gamboa
>>
>> Camille.gamboa at sagepub.com

Vickie L. Kline, Systems Librarian, Associate Professor
she / they, mx
vkline at ycp.edu

Phone:  717-815-1459
Library and Technology Services
York College of Pennsylvania
York, PA 17403-3651

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"  -Albert Einstein