[Eril-l] Strategies for Ebook DDA selection?

Allyson Ota allyson at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 5 09:59:08 PST 2022

Thanks very much, Melissa!

This is helpful information about checking for duplicates and hiding the
record. Our cataloger has been running an import job that does not import
the duplicates based on (I believe) matches on the OCLC, ISBN, fields...
but I will forward your process to her since it does sound like a nice
solution in case the subscription package drops the title like you
mentioned. Thank you!

Hi Susan,
Thanks to you as well for the advice on going to the vendor. Unfortunately,
in our situation, our DDA vendor is EBSCO, and the librarians here tend to
select via GOBI, which does not have the functionality to display EBSCO DDA
titles in the GOBI interface. I am able to send updates on our holdings to
GOBI which display in their interface as held by our library, but since we
don't technically possess the DDA titles until they are triggered, I don't
think there is a way to display this in the GOBI interface. I was really
curious how folks tackle this, however, so thank you for sharing!

Thanks so much to you both for your responses. :)

Allyson

[image: Get Vaccinated U H logo]

Allyson Ota (she/they)
Electronic Resources Librarian

Kapiʻolani Community College Library

4303 Diamond Head Rd., Honolulu, HI 96816
(808) 734-9254 | allyson at hawaii.edu
library.kapiolani.hawaii.edu