[Eril-l] Proxy & Authentication Service - Latest Technology & Future Trends?

Liz Lorbeer Elizabeth.Lorbeer at med.wmich.edu
Tue Jan 4 06:41:01 PST 2022

Hello ERIL Colleagues:

I hope this message finds you well

We're struggling a bit with remote access.  I can't point a finger at one party - as all parties (librarian, link resolver,  proxy service, vendor, and publisher) have a part in the breakdown.  It's makes for complaints from our graduate students and faculty who general work remote and lowered our satisfaction scores for the library.   In performing a root cause analysis of our issues, we're taking another look at our proxy service.

In your option, what is the best service on the library market today and in the long term (5 to 7 years)?

Is there a newer technology on the horizon?  Is this as good as it is going to get for now? https://librarytechnology.org/document/8991

If there are other articles or web sites I can educate myself, let me know. I'm trying to tackle this issue so it's a bit better for all involved at our medical school.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Liz Lorbeer

Elizabeth R. Lorbeer, EdM, MLS, AHIP-D
Chair, Department of the Medical Library
Library Director & Associate Professor
Teams/Email: Elizabeth.Lorbeer at med.wmich.edu<mailto:Elizabeth.Lorbeer at med.wmich.edu>
Office: 269-337-6119
Library: http://med.wmich.edu/library
Pronouns: She/Her

This electronic message is intended for the named recipient(s) only, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the named recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.