[Eril-l] Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 INFO250 Projects needed for Design and Implementation of Instructional Strategies for Information Professionals Students

Diane K. Kovacs diane at kovacs.com
Thu Aug 18 09:08:43 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you again, for all your good projects and participation in my
courses over the past two decades.

I am teaching INFO250 Design and Implementation of Instructional
Strategies for Information Professionals for San Jose State University,
School of Information (SJSU iSchool) for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
semesters.

I offer students the option to work with a 'client' to design a unit of
instruction (workshop, tutorial, short course, etc.) for online or
face-to-face.In the past students have decided on their own units of
instruction for their instructional design projects, and many will still
do that.But I also like to offer them the option of designing a unit of
instruction for a non-profit organization, preferably a special,
academic, school, or public library, or library organization, but other
organizations or even for profit small business sites.

My students are all working through an online Masters' Degree program.
Some of them have extensive instruction experience and some are complete
beginners.

If your unit of instruction/instructional design project is chosen, my
students will provide you with a completed instructional design plan, a
screen cast introducing the instructional design plan, and at least one
example instructional material.You may choose to make use of their work
in future as you choose.

I cannot guarantee that any of my students will choose your projects.
Also, it is possible we could take on some larger scale projects, the
students may form teams to work on them.

Students may also choose the library they currently work in or a
non-profit organization known to them to work with. So, if you would
like to be on the list of projects for my students to consider please
email me with the following information:

What I need from you (email me please at diane.kovacs at sjsu.edu):

1. Contact person(s) with email and telephone numbers

Contact person should be the 'client' that students are expected to
interview and interact with cooperatively to develop an initial needs
assessment and user identification and then work through our formal
instructional design plan*. Then design and deliver an instructional
design plan, introductory screencast, and example instructional material
to the contact person.

2. Brief description of what kind and topic of instruction you're
interested in working on.

3. A commitment by the contact person(s) to be available by email or
other form of online messaging, during the Fall 2022 and/or the Spring
2023 students. Availability of a contact person is critical.

I will respond to you with additional questions and/or whether your
project fits our scope in terms of time and expertise of students and
verify you want to be on the list.

Thank you!

Diane K. Kovacs - Lecturer, SJSU iSchool -
http://ischoolapps.sjsu.edu/facultypages/view.php?fac=kovacsd

email: diane.kovacs at sjsu.edu

Librarian at Large and Web Teacher

*Our formal instructional design strategy:

Step 1. Needs Assessment and Instructional Goals

Step 2. Instructional Analysis (aka Task Analysis)

Step 3. Entry Behavior and Learner Characteristics

Step 4. Learning Outcomes

Step 5. Planning Instructional Strategies

Step 6. Choosing Teaching and Learning Tools and Planning Instructional
Materials

Step 7. Formative and Summative Evaluation