[Eril-l] [Register Today] CHORUS FORUM on Improving Metadata - 29 Sept 2022
srotjan at aip.org
Thu Aug 18 09:16:01 PDT 2022
Reserve your spot to join the discussion<https://www.chorusaccess.org/events/chorus-forum-improving-scholarly-publishing-metadata/>
Join CHORUS at a forum on
Improving Scholarly Publishing Metadata
Thursday, September 29, 2022 from 11:00am - 1:00pm EDT
Metadata that is omitted or incorrectly entered during a scholarly publishing workflow can have serious consequences for the findability, accessibility, interoperability, and reusability of that item. Likewise, transmitting incorrect metadata to others through publication or other means can impact the larger ecosystem including transformative agreements and reporting.
This CHORUS Forum will address how funders, research administrators, librarians and publishers can work together to improve scholarly publishing metadata.
Session 1: Overview of weak spots of scholarly publishing metadata
* Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe, Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
* Alexander 'Sasha' Schwarzman, Content Technology Architect, Optica Publishing Group
* Andrea Medina-Smith, Metadata Librarian, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Session 2: Promising solutions for improving the accuracy of scholarly publishing metadata
* Marjorie Hlava, Founder, Chairman, President, Access Innovations
* Chris Shillum, Executive Director, ORCID
* Yvonne Campfens, Executive Director, OA Switchboard
Assistant Marketing Director
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l