[Eril-l] Job Vacancy: Library Services Engineer, EBSCO - Remote, Full Time

Courtney McAllister C.McAllister at alumni.umw.edu
Tue Oct 26 06:07:11 PDT 2021

Greetings!

I am excited to share a new position has been posted for EBSCO's North America Library Services Engineer (LSE) team. The full text of the job ad appears at the end of this message.

If you are interested, please consider applying here: https://careers.ebscoind.com/ebscoinformationservices/job/Remote-Library-Services-Engineer-Northeast-and-Mid-Atlaic-Regions-MA-Remote/796648800/    As a current LSE, I'd be happy to address questions directly. 🙂

Best wishes,
Courtney

Courtney McAllister, MA, MLIS
Library Services Engineer, EBSCO
cmcallister at ebsco.com
c.mcallister at alumni.umw.edu

Library Services Engineer - Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions

EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.

The Library Services Engineers (LSE a.k.a. Sales Engineer) are dedicated to increasing sales and adoption of EBSCO technology enabled products internationally through field sales engineering, customer satisfaction driven creative technical solutions, delivering customer input directly into the software development lifecycle, and technology partnership management. The LSE is the primary technical advisor and product advocate for the regional Sales team and most important customers, responsible for UI customizations and extensions, API integration, and small app development.

The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in a library technology role. The LSE must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer and product base as well as working in the sales process. They must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and RFIs/RFPs. They are organized and analytical and able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive technical approaches.

The individual in this position can work remotely in the United States, but should be able to travel frequently to the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.

Primary Responsibilities:

Regional authoritative expert on technology aspects of EBSCO’s Software as a Service (SaaS) platform functionality, competition, and trends.
Conduct pre-sales presentations (to small and large audiences) and clear written responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP) or related inquiries.
Create and manage demos, prototypes, and documentation (e.g. app instructions, regular status updates to management).
Establish strong relationships with Sales & Customer Support teams and customer staff; supporting the evaluation/trial process, post-sale support to specific accounts, troubleshooting, and resolving customer specific advanced technical issues.
Contribute to the app development process with varying levels of: customer requirements definition, coding, testing, documentation, and management.
Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and channel to Product Management

Cultural Competencies:

Drive
Positive Attitude
Good Judgement
Open Communication
Collaboration
Desire to Make an Impact
Eager to Understand
Accountable
Decisive
Team Player

Requirements:

B.S. in Library Science, Computer Science, or a related field. / Four (4) year college/university degree.
Minimum two (2) years of progressive experience in either System Librarianship, Electronic Resources Management Librarianship, Web Librarianship, or related field.
Minimum two (2) years of experience and excellence in presenting as well as written communication describing details for technology, Internet, or software application products to internal and external audiences and various levels of management.
Minimum two (2) years of experience administrating EBSCO database products.
Experience providing direct customer service preferably in a library setting.
A level of technological acumen that will enable the ability to identify root causes of technical issues as well as to provide solutions under resource and time constraints.
Ability to multi-task and work independently while maintaining team involvement, organized and detail oriented, strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Ability to travel approximately 50% within to regional and international locations: customer sites, conferences, and focus groups.
Fluency in written and spoken English.

Preferred Qualifications:

MLIS degree or equivalent
Two (2) plus years of experience managing discovery systems, link resolvers, and/or integrated library systems.
One (1) plus years of experience with HTML, JavaScript (jQuery, React/Redux), PHP, Perl and/or Java development.
Experience programming with APIs.
Experience working on a remote team

We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.