[Eril-l] Dr. Siva Vaidhyanathan to Give Opening Keynote at NISO Plus 2022

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Tue Oct 26 07:32:08 PDT 2021

**Apologies for cross posting**

Baltimore, MD, October 26, 2021: The National Information Standards
Organization (NISO) today announced that Dr. Siva Vaidhyanathan will give
the opening keynote at their NISO Plus conference, on February 15, 2022.

Dr. Vaidhyanathan is the Robertson Professor of Media Studies and director
of the Center for Media and Citizenship at the University of Virginia. He
is the author of Antisocial Media: How Facebook Disconnects Us and
Undermines Democracy  (Oxford University Press, 2018), Intellectual
Property: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford University Press, 2017), and The
Googlization of Everything -- and Why We Should Worry (University of
California Press, 2011). He is a fellow at the New York Institute for the
Humanities and a Faculty Associate of the Berkman Center for Internet and
Society at Harvard University. He was born and raised in Buffalo, New York
and resides in Charlottesville, Virginia.

NISO Plus 2022 (February 15-17) is a digital-first, fully virtual global
conference taking place across multiple time zones, with a focus on
innovation, education, and conversation, which was attended by 850 people
in 2021.

“We are delighted and honored that Dr. Vaidhyanathan will be the opening
keynote speaker at NISO Plus 2022,” said Todd Carpenter, NISO’s Executive
DIrector. “Dr. Vaidhyanathan’s research and writing has focused on trust, a
core feature of published literature and central to the mission of most, if
not all, in our community. It will be fascinating to hear his perspective
on how social trends have drawn into question notions of authority and
authenticity of information, and how the scholarly and information
distribution communities need to react to these trends.  We’re certain he
will set an exciting foundation for the rest of the NISO Plus conference.”

For more information about NISO Plus 2022, including registration, please
visit niso.plus.

About NISO

Based in Baltimore, MD, NISO’s mission is to build knowledge, foster
discussion, and advance authoritative standards development through
collaboration among the cultural, scholarly, scientific, and professional
communities. To fulfill this mission, NISO engages with libraries,
publishers, information aggregators, and other organizations that support
learning, research, and scholarship through the creation, organization,
management, and curation of knowledge. NISO works with intersecting
communities of interest and across the entire lifecycle of information
standards. NISO is a not-for-profit association accredited by the American
National Standards Institute (ANSI). For more information, visit the NISO
website (https://niso.org) or contact us at nisohq at niso.org.

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302

Baltimore, MD 21211