[Eril-l] COUNTER, video usage, "databases"

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Wed Nov 24 08:45:59 PST 2021

Just following up on this. ASP admits that they haven't actually completed their audit of COP5 yet, which means you can't count on their supposed "COUNTER" reports to actually be compliant.
This is a good time to remind everyone that Project COUNTER has a new easy "registry" of compliant providers, https://registry.projectcounter.org/

If a vendor you use is offering what they call COUNTER reports, but they are not in this list, they haven't yet confirmed via the audit process that they are actually compliant so you're taking your chances trying to use their data for collections decision-making.

By the way, if you do your own SUSHI COUNTER report harvesting, note that the new registry includes information about the provider's SUSHI requirements, eg which credentials are required and if they have any additional restrictions on access like volume or IP range restrictions on SUSHI requests.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca