[Eril-l] Core webinar: Perspective Change and Incrementalism in DEI

Core-CE Announce alcts.ce.announce at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 04:00:00 PST 2021

*Cross posted to multiple lists*

Core webinar: Perspective Change and Incrementalism in DEI

Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2021

All webinars are one hour in length and begin at 11 am Pacific, noon
Mountain, 1 pm Central, and 2 pm Eastern time.

This is the first session in a four-part series.  View the other sessions
in this series
<https://www.ala.org/core/core-forum-webinar-series-leadership-management>.

Task Force in our merged Library & IT division at a small liberal arts
college. We were charged with implementing a three-part strategy: building
a diverse team, arranging professional development opportunities for our
staff, and providing diverse and inclusive services and resources
(including library collections). We discarded the mindset of forced
trainings and assumed (rightly) that the staff truly desired to enhance
excellence through diversity and inclusion; then we continually set and
achieved small goals. We not only have accomplished much but have come to
be seen as a campus trailblazer.

Learning outcomes:

By the end of the webinar participants attendees will:

   -

   be familiar with examples of library DEI goals, resources, and specific
   examples of DEI activities, and be able to list ways to apply these to
   their own situations;
   -

   be able to identify and develop assessment tools to determine
   effectiveness of their DEI initiatives; and
   -

   have the tools to construct a process to establish and/or extend
   collaboration with other campus constituencies on DEI activities.

Who should attend?

Anyone who wants to make library collections and spaces more inclusive and
to educate and encourage library staff on the importance of diversity,
equity and inclusion.

Presenter:

Beth Bohstedt (she/her) is the Director, Learning & Research Services, for
Hamilton College’s Library and Information Technology Services (LITS). She
is responsible for Research & Instructional Design, Collections,
Circulation, ILL, Diversity & Inclusion efforts, and LITS facilities
oversight, as well as a member of the LITS Strategic Leadership Team. She
previously worked at the Grinnell College Libraries in Grinnell, Iowa. She
has served on ACRL, EAST, and regional committees, and has presented at
ACRL, the Charleston Conference, EDUCAUSE, and numerous regional
conferences on topics such as collection strategies, space planning,
diversity, and incident response. Beth received a B.A. from the University
of Northern Iowa and a M.S. in LIS from the University of Illinois,
Urbana-Champaign.

*****************

Registration Fees:

Registration fees for single webinar:  Core Member $43; Non-member $59;
Group rate $129

Registration fees for webinar series:  Core Member $138; Non-member $189;
Group rate $413

For additional information and access to registration links, see:

https://www.ala.org/core/core-forum-webinar-series-leadership-management

Core webinars are recorded and registrants receive a link to the recording
shortly following the live event.

For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling
1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email registration at ala.org.

For all other questions or comments related to Core webinars, please
contact Core CE staff at corece at ala.org.

Posted on behalf of the Core Continuing Education Committee.