[Eril-l] free to read?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Fri Nov 5 11:30:19 PDT 2021

Interestingly, the Project COUNTER TAG advisory group is having quite a discussion about this up-and-coming trend of offering "free but read-online-only" model, and what it means for the "Access type" metric in COUNTER data, as it's clearly not within the "OA Gold" definition.  So yes, expect to see more and more of it.
If you're interested in the COUNTER aspect, don't expect a formal resolution until COP 5.1 is made official, probably in early 2024.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island