[Eril-l] Security Journal and redirects

Larrison, Stephanie larrison at txstate.edu
Fri May 14 10:41:03 PDT 2021

I don't manage our EZ proxy and I'm caught in the middle of the person who does vs the vendor.  One says the problem is with the proxy, the other says it is not.

If you subscribe the Security Journal could you test it and let me know if you have the same results that we are, described below.  https://link.springer.com/journal/41284<http://libproxy.txstate.edu/login?url=https://link.springer.com/journal/41284>

This is a Palgrave journal now hosted on the Springer platform as you can see from the link.    This link will immediately redirect to palgrave.com, where you will see another button to access the title  at Springer.
The problem for us is not just the weird redirecting, but that our proxy string is stripped off when we are first redirected to palgrave.com.  Since our proxy did not carry through, it is not tacked on to the button directing us to Springer and off-campus users are not able to access the content.

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing the same behavior.

Thank you,
Stephanie Larrison
Electronic Resources Librarian