[Eril-l] Usage Statistics: Possible Software Solution

A. David Hill HillA at newschool.edu
Tue Jun 8 09:20:05 PDT 2021

Hi everybody,

I would like to echo Rachel's CELUS recommendation. We've only been up and
running for a couple of months now but I've frankly been amazed at the
simplicity of the implementation and how user friendly the interface is in
terms of taxonomy and navigation. Granted I've been working with SUSHI for
many years, but I didn't need any training to get started with this
product. CELUS is a small company but very responsive to both questions and
suggestions. It currently supports both COUNTER R4 and R5 data but we're
also in discussion with them about the aggregation of non-COUNTER
compliant statistics including Google analytics. Nothing promised but they
feel like a very forward looking company.

We are just a single campus so our needs aren't too sophisticated. We're
currently using the cloud based version of CELUS and have yet to encounter
a reason to consider hosting CELUS locally. And, yes, the pricing is
agreeable.

Best,
David

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 11:47 AM Rachel Erb <Rerb at flvc.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> We implemented CELUS last year and have been overall very pleased with its
> performance. While we are a library consortium, single institutions can
> also use CELUS for usage stats harvesting. Until recently, we had a locally
> developed system that only supported CO4 usage statistics and there were
> even some problems with harvesting this usage. We needed a comprehensive
> tool that would support all CO4, CO5, and non-COUNTER usage reports, and
> CELUS fit the bill. We spent the past two years investigating other
> options, but it wasn’t until fellow colleagues discovered CELUS that we had
> a pathway forward.
>

> CELUS is cloud based software and we subscribe as SaS. We are pleased with
> the cost, and I would imagine the cost would be lower at a single
> institution.  There is an open-source version, but it would require the
> support of developers at your institution. We have developers in-house and
> we still chose to go the SaS route. We were very pleased with the support
> we received for implementation and the ongoing technical support when we
> run into issues.
>

> Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have any questions
> about CELUS.
>

> Best,
>
> Rachel
>

> ****PLEASE NOTE THAT FALSC AND FLVC STAFF WILL BE WORKING REMOTELY UNTIL
> FURTHER NOTICE.  All FALSC and FLVC operations will continue as usual.  *
>
> *While I am working remotely, I may send emails outside of traditional
> business hours. Please respond when it is convenient for you. Feel free to
> send me emails as you see fit, but I may not be able to answer right away.
> Thank you for your patience. *
>
> *For fastest response time, contact the FLVC Help Desk at Help at flvc.org
> <Help at flvc.org>.  ****
>

> *Rachel A. Erb*
>
> *Director of E-Resources*
>
> *A unit of FLVC*
>
> 1753 West Paul Dirac Drive
>
> Tallahassee, Florida
>
> *P: **(850) 922-3224*
>
> *W:* libraries.flvc.org

A. David Hill
<https://www.newschool.edu/directory/directoryDetail.aspx?id=4e44-6731-4d6a-4179&LastnameFilter=hill&PageIndex=0>
Assistant
Director for Acquisitions
Libraries, Collections & Academic Services
The New School
66 W. 12th St., Room 511
New York, NY 10011-8603

Phone: 212-229-5309 x4662