[Eril-l] Usage Statistics: Possible Software Solution

Rachel Erb Rerb at flvc.org
Tue Jun 8 08:47:40 PDT 2021

Hi All,

We implemented CELUS last year and have been overall very pleased with its performance. While we are a library consortium, single institutions can also use CELUS for usage stats harvesting. Until recently, we had a locally developed system that only supported CO4 usage statistics and there were even some problems with harvesting this usage. We needed a comprehensive tool that would support all CO4, CO5, and non-COUNTER usage reports, and CELUS fit the bill. We spent the past two years investigating other options, but it wasn't until fellow colleagues discovered CELUS that we had a pathway forward.

CELUS is cloud based software and we subscribe as SaS. We are pleased with the cost, and I would imagine the cost would be lower at a single institution.  There is an open-source version, but it would require the support of developers at your institution. We have developers in-house and we still chose to go the SaS route. We were very pleased with the support we received for implementation and the ongoing technical support when we run into issues.

Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have any questions about CELUS.

Best,
Rachel

***PLEASE NOTE THAT FALSC AND FLVC STAFF WILL BE WORKING REMOTELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  All FALSC and FLVC operations will continue as usual.
While I am working remotely, I may send emails outside of traditional business hours. Please respond when it is convenient for you. Feel free to send me emails as you see fit, but I may not be able to answer right away. Thank you for your patience.
For fastest response time, contact the FLVC Help Desk at Help at flvc.org<mailto:Help at flvc.org>.  ***

Rachel A. Erb
Director of E-Resources
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D75C5C.14C37760]