[Eril-l] JOB POSTING: Library Specialist – Databases and Licensing
Petryszyn, Kari A.
petr6411 at stthomas.edu
Thu Jul 1 15:58:53 PDT 2021
To see full posting or apply now: https://staffemployment-stthomas.icims.com/jobs/5342/library-specialist/job
The University of St. Thomas (MN) invites qualified candidates to apply for a Library Specialist – Databases and Licensing position within the Libraries.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
The Library Specialist – Databases and Licensing position supports the educational and research mission of the University by acquiring and managing online library resources for our user community. This includes licensing, purchasing, renewing, providing access to, maintaining, and assessing resources using several related enterprise systems. This position focuses on the acquisition and management of electronic databases in particular, and also handles more complex license agreements for all library resources.
* Bachelor’s degree
* Three years of relevant library experience, five years preferred: Library experience to include the use of an integrated library system (preferably Ex Libris), and familiarity with electronic resource management and the e-resources life cycle
* Demonstrated expert knowledge in one or more specialized areas of work: acquisitions, serials management, licensing, collection assessment, and e-resource management
* An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
* Experience with electronic resource licensing in libraries
* Intermediate Excel skills
* Strong attention to detail
* High level of organization skills
How to Apply
All interested candidates must apply online at https://staffemployment-stthomas.icims.com/jobs/5342/library-specialist/job. Follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes creating or updating an applicant profile, uploading a resume, and completing a job specific application.
Thanks for considering,
Kari Petryszyn | Library Specialist – Serials and Assessment
University of Saint Thomas #5004
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
[University of St. Thomas : All for the Common Good]<https://www.stthomas.edu/e>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l