[Eril-l] Job Posting: Database and Intellectual Property Manager, University of Virginia Press
Sewell, David R (drs2n)
dsewell at virginia.edu
Thu Jul 1 10:07:20 PDT 2021
This is not a library position, but it's quite likely that people with information science / library science degrees and experience would be good candidates. Experience with metadata and ability to learn a fairly complex metadata schema (ONIX for publishers) will be a plus in any case.
Direct link for information/application is: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Database-and-Intellectual-Property-Manager_R0025786
Text of job posting:
The University of Virginia seeks a Database and Intellectual Property Manager to join the University of Virginia Press. The Database and Intellectual Property Manager is responsible for the maintenance, security, and administration of the Allbooks FileMaker database and its metadata output and, in coordination with the Director of Operations, the management of subrights and permissions, copyright registrations, and data analytics on current and past titles.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Maintaining and troubleshooting the in-house titles, books and digital imprint in database.
* Identifying, defining, and assessing the specifications and operations necessary for database management to meet current and future needs of the organization.
* Working closely with Acquisitions staff to ensure the accuracy of data, developing new applications when possible, and coordinating data needs with Sales, Marketing, and Publicity and Operations departments.
* Management of weekly data feeds to online booksellers and other partners.
* Defining a logical database structure for application development based on the organizational structure and data needs of the Press.
* Developing, implementing, and monitoring access and security policies, limiting database access on a need-related basis.
* Assessing current and projected database performance and recommending changes/enhancements.
* Serving as liaison to UVA IT services—LSP representative. Acting as in-house tech support by managing and troubleshooting hardware and software for staff.
* Responding to inquiries for content reprints and uses
* Actively marketing subrights purchasing and translations for designated books
* Register all copyrights with the Library of Congress within three months of publication
* Assisting with special projects as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or related discipline. At least one year of experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. Anticipated Hiring Range: $45,000 - $50,000 commensurate with education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require insert any additional checks. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at alc6dk at virginia.edu<mailto:alc6dk at virginia.edu>.
Manager of Digital Initiatives and Rotunda Imprint
The University of Virginia Press
dsewell at virginia.edu Tel: +1 434 924 9973
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l