[Eril-l] Unique Item Requests in COUNTER 5

Waters, Thomas twaters1 at brenau.edu
Tue Jan 5 10:27:56 PST 2021

Good afternoon, colleagues:

Under what circumstances in COUNTER 5 are the number of Unique Item
Requests greater than the number of Total Item Requests?

My understanding was that Unique Requests discounts double-clicks and
multiple downloads within a single user session; therefore, I'd expect the
number of Unique Requests to be lower than Total Requests. I'm noticing one
vendor, however, with numbers of Unique Requests that are higher than the
Total Requests. Trying to make sense of this...

As always, thanks for any help that you all can provide!

--
Thomas Waters, MA, MLIS
Technical Services Librarian

500 Washington Street SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
770-718-5303
twaters1 at brenau.edu

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged.  If you are not the named recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message
without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or
storing or copying the information on any medium.