[Eril-l] Tracking perpetual access entitlements

Dominic Benson (Staff) Dominic.Benson at brunel.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 09:34:12 PST 2021

Beth,

Last I heard in 2019, EDINA was working with LOCKSS at Stanford on the pilot Entitlements Registry that you mentioned (https://edina.ac.uk/our-work/entitlement-registry/). The pilot might have passed on to another entity or stalled if funding was not secured. There was also mention of a project with ITHAKA so this item may be pertinent, https://sr.ithaka.org/publications/its-not-what-libraries-hold-its-who-libraries-serve/. I changed roles so I am not sure what happened in the end.

When I was e-resources librarian I tended to put a short note on our knowledge base package about perpetual entitlements when subscriptions are cancelled as well as keeping emails on decisions and tracking it on a spreadsheet. Gets complicated when platform migrations, journal transfers, change in subscription agents and other events happen, which is why I had hoped the ER came to fruition.

Kind regards,
Dom Benson
Research Outputs Visibility Manager, Open Research & Rights Office<https://www.brunel.ac.uk/life/library/ORR>
Library Services, Student & Academic Services Directorate
Brunel University London | T +44(0)1895 266143