[Eril-l] Public Performance Rights License for HBO or Amazon Prime?

Lee Adams lee.adams at csueastbay.edu
Thu Sep 17 16:21:13 PDT 2020

Hi,

A campus organization wants to show a film that is (as far as we can tell)
only available on HBO or Amazon Prime. Has anyone negotiated a public
performance rights license with either of them? Or know if they have an
"academic" viewing policy like Netflix has? We do have the DVD, but not a
public performance license for it. I also think that it would be shown via
a password protected Zoom session for campus affiliates only.

Thanks for any insight anyone has.

Lee

Lee Adams, MLIS, MA
E-Resources Librarian
Library Liaison to Criminal Justice, Economics, and Hospitality,
Recreation, & Tourism
University Libraries <http://library.csueastbay.edu/home>
California State University, East Bay
Book an appointment with me:
https://csueastbay.libcal.com/appointments/leeadams
Pronouns: She/her
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/annis-lee-adams-55396568/>

   - Get Help <https://www.csueastbay.edu/es/help.html> with enrollment and
   financial aid.
   - CSUEB Cares  <http://www.csueastbay.edu/care/students.html>for
   information about accessibility services, tutoring, counseling, basic needs
   supports, or other issues.
   - CSUEB COVID-19 updates
   <https://www.csueastbay.edu/coronavirus-information/index.html>

*I acknowledge and honor the Ohlone and Chochenyo
<https://sogoreate-landtrust.org/> peoples, past, present, and future, and
all of the original Indigenous peoples of the land upon which California
State University, East Bay stands.*
* Whose land are you on? <https://native-land.ca/>*