[Eril-l] [EXT] OCLC Link Resolver

Moore,Lesli M LMMoore2 at mdanderson.org
Tue Oct 27 12:03:13 PDT 2020

Hi Chris,

We are medical; so, we are probably the ideal audience for the LibKey suite. As Steve cautions, LibKey uses DOI/PMID. Like Denyse, I wish all vendors were as well documented, responsive, and engaged with their customer base.

I highly recommend talking with ThirdIron (http://thirdiron.com/contactus/ ) if you are even a smidge interested in their products. They have gone to bat for us on more than one ocassion with publishers/vendors when we have had "unsolvable" problems.

Here's a list of providers that are direct to PDF supported: https://support.thirdiron.com/knowledgebase/articles/1865701-publishers-supported-by-libkey-direct-to-pdf-linki
Here's a list of supported publishers: https://support.thirdiron.com/knowledgebase/articles/132654-what-publishers-do-you-support-

Unfortunately, I've not been able to implement LibKey as a 100% link resolver replacement because of some configuration restrictions with PrimoVE; and LibKey isn't a magic bullet. It's great; but not perfect. That's not a dig on ThirdIron. If journals don't use DOIs or aren't supported, all we can do is use PrimoVE to get patrons to the resources in as few clicks as possible.

I don't think that the BrowZine integration (LibKey Discovery) confuses our patrons. As far as I am aware, all of the librarians at my libraries have specifically taught patrons to look for the "Download PDF" or "Read Article" links. If you want to see how LibKey integrates with our PrimoVE, here's one of my libraries:

https://thslc-mdanderson.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/search?query=any,contains,zombie%20AND%20ant&tab=Everything&search_scope=MyInst_and_CI&vid=01TEXASHEALTH_MDANDERSON:MDANDERSON_INST&offset=0

Any place you see "Download PDF...," "View Issues Contents," "View Journal Contents," or "Read Article.." that is LibKey Discovery.

Thanks,

Lesli