[Eril-l] Expanded access to JSTOR Archives and Artstor extended through June 2021

Rebecca Seger Rebecca.Seger at ithaka.org
Tue Oct 27 07:31:43 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues --

Earlier this year, JSTOR established a $4 million fee relief program<https://about.jstor.org/news/jstor-offers-4-million-fee-relief-for-libraries-and-guarantees-revenue-for-publishers-holds-pricing-flat-through-2023/> and developed a range of expanded access offerings<https://about.jstor.org/covid19/> to help schools and universities serve their users remotely, and to offer assistance as a result of the economic crisis caused by the pandemic.

Our expanded access offerings for JSTOR-participating institutions include access to unlicensed Archive and Primary Source collections as well as Artstor, for no additional cost.  Participation in these programs has been extensive; this content has been accessed more than 25 million times by users at nearly 12,000 institutions. We had initially extended this access through December 31, 2020. It is clear that our worldwide community will continue to rely heavily on online instruction beyond this current semester, and in response we are extending access to these collections through June 30, 2021.

If your institution has already signed up for the JSTOR Archive and/or Artstor access programs, you do not need to take any action. Participating institutions that have not yet opted in may still do so; please log in to your JSTOR library admin account<https://www.jstor.org/librarians/admin/> to request expanded access.

We hope that our proactive approach to addressing access and economic issues has a positive impact on the community we serve. We appreciate your ongoing support, and encourage you to contact us at participation at jstor.org<mailto:participation at jstor.org> with any questions.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Seger

VP, Institutional Participation and Strategic Partnerships

rebecca.seger at ithaka.org<mailto:rebecca.seger at ithaka.org>
ITHAKA<https://www.ithaka.org/> | JSTOR | Artstor | Portico