[Eril-l] EBSCO Full Text Finder - Tipasa - and auto open to full text

Beth M. Johns bmjohns at SVSU.edu
Mon Oct 19 06:22:50 PDT 2020

I'm looking for advice from libraries who use Full text Finder and Tipasa.

We have encountered major problems with linking from Full text Finder, particularly in EDS.

We've had "automatically open to full text" enabled for several years now without a problem. Recently, problems have occurred when selecting Full Text Finder from EDS. The link will go to Tipasa without metadata (and if you log into Tipasa, you end up with a blank form rather than a pre-populated form obviously). If you go back to the results page in EDS, click on the Full text Finder link again, the link resolves, usually to where it's supposed to go.

Disabling auto open seems to fix the problem, but we really like the direct linking aspect rather than forcing users to click on another link. But for now, that is what they will need to do.

Has anyone encountered this problem and have a solution? EBSCO support seems to be baffled and that was their suggestion, to disable auto open. My next step is to ask the OCLC community if they have encountered this in the event it's a Tipasa problem, but really, I don't think it is.

Thanks. I feel like I'm an idiot half the time lately!

Beth

Beth M. Johns, MLIS

E-Resources Librarian

Saginaw Valley State University