[Eril-l] libraries and software, take two

Mueth, Sarah mueths at uncw.edu
Fri Nov 13 14:47:00 PST 2020

Back in September I posed a question to this list about academic libraries' role in purchasing software. With time comes more fleshed out questions, so now let me ask you this:

  *   Budget: In the library and university environment, who is allocating budget to academic software? In libraries that are supporting software, are they doing so from collections budget? Did they get additional budget to support these needs? What is the process in academic affairs and ITS? Etc.
  *   Process: what is the process for requesting, evaluation and provision of software? Etc.
  *   Role: is this a role that academic libraries are/should take on? Are libraries moving in this direction? Etc.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Sarah

Sarah Mueth
Coordinator of Serials & Electronic Resources
William M. Randall Library<library.uncw.edu>
University of North Carolina Wilmington
910-962-2497
she/her/hers
Why pronouns matter<https://uncw.edu/lgbtqia/facstaff-resources/pronouns.html>