[Eril-l] Washington Post and NYT Link Authentication

Adam Wall adam.wall at pgcmls.info
Fri May 8 12:50:28 PDT 2020

Hello,

We are in talks with the Washington Post and New York Times to get online
access. The way these resources authenticate from off-site is that they
provide you with a link that works wherever and does not have
authentication built in. So they count on the library to authenticate and
verify the users are active card holders. How have other libraries done
this? I'm used to other resources working with a proxy server or SIP
authentication or something.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I hope yall are staying
safe and will have a good weekend.

Thank you,
Adam

Adam Wall (he/him/his)
Electronic Resources Librarian
Prince George's County Memorial Library System
9601 Capital Lane
Largo, MD 20774
301-699-3500
www.pgcmls.info