[Eril-l] unique vs total requests in counter 5

Amy Lynn Fry afry at bgsu.edu
Fri Jun 12 11:57:01 PDT 2020

I'm trying to choose between unique and total requests in counter 5. Which is better?

I initially thought total to measure overall use, while unique would be good to see what scope of the resource is being used (like, how many ebooks in an ebook package). But then I realized today that it's unique requests *per session*, so the unique count is only eliminating the counts of multiple things downloaded by the same user in the same session. Is that correct? Why should I care about eliminating that duplication?

Amy Fry
Associate Professor, E-resources Librarian
Jerome Library
Bowling Green, OH 43403
afry at bgsu.edu<mailto:afry at bgsu.edu>
email is the best way to reach me