[Eril-l] Deadline Extended to January 24th - ACRL NEC / NELIG Joint Conference Call for Proposals

Wentz, Erin erin.wentz at mcphs.edu
Sat Jan 18 13:27:26 PST 2020

Call for Proposals: Joint Annual Conference: Finding the Balance

2020 ACRL New England Chapter (ACRL/NEC) &  New England Library Instruction Group (NELIG - A Special Interest Group of ACRL/NEC)

May 26-27, 2020

Rhode Island Convention Center

Providence, RI

Library work is often a balancing act. We seek proposals from staff, faculty, administrators, and students in all areas of librarianship that explore the ways we find balance in our profession, among our coworkers, patrons or students, and with our lives beyond the workplace.

About the 2020 Two-Day Conference

ACRL New England Chapter and New England Library Instruction Group (NELIG) are joining up to offer two days of conference engagement: May 26 will focus primarily on instruction, while May 27 will include all areas of librarianship (including instruction).

May 26

A day dedicated to library instruction and led by NELIG.  There will be no vendors on this day. There will be social events in the evening.

May 27

A day dedicated to all areas of librarianship and led by ACRL/NEC.  A variety of vendors will be exhibiting on this day. There will be a poster session on this day.

There are many ways to interpret this year’s conference theme; we encourage your creative ideas. Topics may include but are not limited to:

·         Wellness initiatives in libraries

·         Growing sustainable instruction programs

·         Balancing the instructional needs of diverse library users

·         Balancing budgets

·         Diversity, equity, and inclusion in libraries

·         Balancing space needs in libraries

·         Developing balanced collections for all user needs

·         Work-life balance

·         Balancing cataloging metadata in diverse formats

Proposal Due Date: January 17, 2020, 11:59pm EST - Deadline Extended to January 24, 2020 11:59PM EST

Submit your proposal and find details<https://forms.gle/EZrq6ygynKfsZdBE9> about session formats and submission requirements.

Questions? Email the 2020 NELIG and ACRL/NEC Program Planning Committee at acrlnelig2020 at gmail.com<mailto:acrlnelig2020 at gmail.com>

Thanks,

Erin

Erin Wentz
Electronic Resources Librarian, Assistant Professor
Library and Learning Resources
MCPHS University
179 Longwood Avenue | Boston MA 02115
erin.wentz at mcphs.edu