[Eril-l] ProQuest Dissertations & Theses issue

McGarvey, Nancy McGarvey.N at gmercyu.edu
Tue Apr 14 12:29:10 PDT 2020

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a situation for me.

For six years we have subscribed to one of ProQuest's Dissertations & Theses databases.  We did not have the full blown database ($$$$$), but I believe what we had was titled ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Full Text.  Our description in our Databases A-Z list reads:  ProQuest Dissertations & Theses is the “database of record for graduate research.” It indexes over three million dissertations and theses and provides full-text PDF links to more than one million of these documents

​I'm pretty sure we didn't make up that information, I'm sure it was taken from their marketing materials supplied when we first subscribed.  Now, however, the database we link to is the PQD&T A&I and we no longer have access to anything but open source dissertations.

I've contacted PQ and the first tech support person told me that since we only subscibe to A&I we don't get full text.  I have since submitted evidence that we have had full text access in the past and PQ is looking into this for us.

My question is has PQ changed its offerings for D&T?  As far as I know we were not notified of any change to the content we have access to, and there has certainly not been any price reduction.  But searching on their website the only offering is the Global product with no mention of the A&I product at all.  Have others experienced a similar reduction in content?

Thanks,
Nancy

********************************

Nancy B. McGarvey

Interim Director/Electronic Resources Librarian
Keiss Library and Learning Commons
Gwynedd Mercy University
1325 Sumneytown Pike
PO Box 901