[Eril-l] Job Posting: Electronic Resources Management Librarian - University of Wisconsin-Madison
taryn.resnick at wisc.edu
Tue Oct 1 08:56:37 PDT 2019
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries seeks an innovative, collaborative, creative and dynamic individual to serve as an Electronic Resources Management Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Electronic Resources Management and working as part of a team, this position will assist in the acquisition, management, and delivery of electronic resources for the University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries. This is an exciting opportunity to grow professionally and contribute to the success of an ARL library at a major research university.
Details can be found below; for complete information and to apply for this position, please click on the following link: 100670-AS<https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/502938/electronic-resources-management-librarian>
The deadline for this position is Wednesday, October 23. A cover letter and resume are required. Applications must be submitted through the Jobs at UW applicant system.
Head, Electronic Resources Management
University of Wisconsin-Madison
330 Memorial Library
728 State Street
Madison, WI 53706-1494
Telephone: (608) 890-2653
taryn.resnick at wisc.edu<mailto:taryn.resnick at wisc.edu>
This position is responsible for providing support for management of the e-resource life cycle and the discovery of and access to electronic resources. Duties may include processing new orders for electronic resources, assisting with licensing, aiding in the management of electronic journal, e-book, streaming video, and database subscriptions, activating online access for electronic resources, trouble-shooting technical and subscription-related access problems, and actively working and communicating with vendors/publishers/library staff concerning electronic resources.
The Libraries at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are dedicated to the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect among our staff, students, collections, and services. We strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society and embrace diverse points of view as assets to the fabric of our community. All positions will be called on to contribute to building this environment.
List of Duties<http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/weblisting/External/PVLSummaryCond.aspx?pvl_num=100670>
INSTITUTIONAL STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion<http://diversity.wisc.edu/>
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
MS/MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent by date of hire
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated understanding, through experience and/or coursework, of electronic resource life cycle activities and the electronic resource environment
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, exercise flexibility in meeting objectives, and effectively manage multiple projects and assignments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including evidence of ability to work collaboratively within and across organizations
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including experience in developing, analyzing, and documenting workflows and procedures
- Familiarity with and/or experience with one or more of the following: electronic resources management systems, license review and negotiation, troubleshooting electronic resource access problems, link resolver software, proxy configurations
- Awareness of the relationship between electronic resources management and other library services, such as cataloging/metadata, library discovery systems, and/or acquisition of library resources
- Demonstrated proficiency in data gathering, including usage statistics, and analysis techniques to support assessment activities and statistical analysis
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
All applications must be submitted through the Jobs and UW Applicant system. Click on the "Apply Now" button in the job posting to submit your materials. A cover letter and resume are required.
Questions may be directed to Anne at anne.murphylom at wisc.edu<mailto:anne.murphylom at wisc.edu>
anne.murphylom at wisc.edu<mailto:anne.murphylom at wisc.edu>
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE<http://www.wisconsinrelay.com/> for further information. )
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l